We welcome comments on all blogs and will accept any reasonable or constructive comment that contributes to debate, including strong criticisms – so feel free to say what you want within reason. We operate a propriety filter, so comments are routed to the blog team and not posted for public view until they have been checked. There will be a brief delay in posting overnight, at weekends and when we are very busy. Please note that we operate our comments system under the following guidelines:
- Email privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared. They may be used by the blog committee to privately contact the commenter.
- Language and manners: This blog is for a wide audience, and comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by the blog committee and to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted.
- No personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blogger, nor any other commenters.
- A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, or deleted.
- Limit links: This blog is setup to automatically hold any blog comment with more than two links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing.
- What to do if your comment does not appear: If you leave a comment and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate these Comment Policies, contact Ros Taylor or Roch Dunin-Wąsowicz.
- Commenters blocked: Anyone who violates this policy may be blocked from commenting on this blog.
- The blog editors reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. They also have the right to block access to any individual or group of people from commenting.