Welcome to the PhD Careers summer programme! It’s time to refresh your career with…
Individual, confidential career review one-to-one meetings are available, usually on Wednesdays and Fridays (but can be negotiated for another day if those aren’t convenient) with Catherine Reynolds, our Careers Consultant for PhD students. These last for 30 minutes and you can check availability and book appointments on CareerHub. LSE Careers is open all Summer Term and summer so you can make the most of us whenever you need!
Careers events this term and beyond can help you plan ahead whether you are considering staying in academia and/or moving outside. Seminars for PhD students are held in the PhD Academy:
- Parenting and an academic career – panel event – 26 June, 12:30-1:30pm
- CVs and cover letters in and outside academia – 24 April, 4-5pm and 17 July, 12:30-1:30pm
- Life after LSE – 26 April, 5:30-7pm
- Applying for jobs outside academia – 8 May, 12:30-1:30pm
- Brilliant Club spring and summer placements – information session – 10 May, 5:15-6:30pm
- Breakfast: Employers recruiting PhD students and researchers – 9 June, 8:30-10am
- PhD mature students lunch – 21 June, 12:30-1:30pm
- Career check up – 12 July, 12:30-1:30pm
Many general careers events are also suitable for PhD students – browse on CareerHub.
You’re welcome to attend all our events and meet all the employers we welcome to campus as they are very happy to accept applications from PhD students. You can also browse jobs and opportunities on CareerHub. If you need help making applications please book a one-to-one appointment.
Look after your career progression, learn more about your options, and remember we’re here all summer to work with you on this. This blog will keep you up to date, and our specialist pages and resources on the LSE Careers website support career progression in and outside academia too.
We look forward to meeting you soon. Good luck with your PhD and wider career!