Some of you might have their holidays now, some are writing your dissertation. Either way, you’re likely to have a bit more time on your hands. Why not start volunteering, or start planning ahead for next academic year? We’ve selected five interesting volunteering opportunities for you to get you started:
Opportunities of the week
- Become a Mental Health Wellbeing Hub Volunteer at the Holy Cross Centre Trust (HCCT) to support their clients.
- Train young people in London FE Colleges in the art of debating, critical thinking, research and public speaking by becoming a Debate Coach at the International Debate Education Association UK.
- Help enhance the experiences of visitors of the IWM Churchill War Rooms by becoming a Visitor Experience Volunteer.
- Help make Body & Soul’s smallest members live happily and healthily by working as a Frontline Children’s Support Volunteer.
- Provide one-to-one emotional support for foreign national women affected by the criminal justice system both in prison and the community by mentoring with Hibiscus Initiatives.
Looking for something different?
If you feel like you don’t have enough time, why not download the Be My Eyes app to volunteer whenever and wherever – you’ll receive a video call when a visually impaired person needs your help.
Even more opportunities…
If you’d like to find out about our other opportunities you can search on CareerHub. If you need support selecting a suitable opportunity, you can always send us an email at email@example.com or book a one-to-one appointment.