Guest blog by LSE Alumni Relations:
This July we’ll welcome our newest cohort of 2017 graduates to the LSE alumni community – a lifelong global network of over 142,000 members in almost 200 countries. So how do you stay in touch with the School and connect with fellow alumni once you leave?
Top tips to make the most of your alumni network
- Register now on LSE Alumni Online if you haven’t already and opt in to receive alumni communications. Wherever you are in the world, you can connect with fellow alumni and the School through this website and networking portal. If you’re a student, your Alumni ID will automatically be added and your profile will be upgraded to alumni status once you graduate.
- Access LSE Careers for up to five years after you graduate, including events, booking one-to-one careers advice and other career resources. Just reset your CareerHub password to continue making the most of it.
- Attend alumni events, on campus and across the world.
- Follow LSE Alumni on social media and stay in touch with our latest news and updates.
- Join Special Interest and Regional Alumni Groups to meet fellow alumni and extend your LSE experience. There are more than 80 regional groups all over the world and over 10 special interest groups to meet and network with fellow professionals or those with shared interests.
- Take advantage of the many benefits, services and discounts available to LSE alumni.
- Give back through volunteering your time or through the LSE Annual Fund.
Current students and leavers – don’t forget…
- LSE student email accounts and H: spaces expire on 31 December of the year you graduate. Once this happens, your student accounts and email addresses will no longer be accessible, so make sure that important emails and documents are saved elsewhere. For all queries about your student account, contact IT Services.
- to apply for an alumni library card, which doubles as proof of alumni status, please complete and submit the online form. You need to be logged in to your LSE Alumni Online account in order to do this.
- to open a public account in LSE for You, which you need in order to access your transcript via Digitary. Please complete the Digitary Access Request Form.
Alumni stands at graduation
LSE Alumni will have two stands at graduation from 12-14 July – one in the entrance of the Vera Anstey Room next to where you collect your degree certificate and also a photo booth on Sheffield Street. Come and visit us to collect your new graduate pack and official LSE alumni pin and bag! The LSE Alumni team will be on hand to answer all your questions about the benefits and services available to you as a new member of the Alumni community.
You can also share your graduation photos with us at @LSEAlumni and with #LSEClassof2017.
Contact us and learn more
The LSE Alumni Relations team is here to help if you have any questions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or read more on our website, where there’s also further information for students and new graduates.