On 28 November LSE played it’s part in one of the biggest ever Giving Tuesdays to take place in the UK, with hundreds of events taking place across the country. Led by the LSE Volunteer Centre and LSESU RAG students and staff contributed by:
- Planting bulbs that are being donated to a local hospice’s garden.
- Signing up to the blood stem cell donor list with DKMS. The LSESU German Society were also selling mulled wine to fundraise for them.
- Bringing in tins of food to donate to St Mungos as part of LSESU RAG’s ‘Grab a tin. Bring it in’.
- Collecting money for St Mungo’s.
- Helping run yoga sessions in Lincoln Inn Fields to raise money for Medical Aid Films.
Although Giving Tuesday is over for another year it’s not too late to contribute. The LSE Volunteer Centre is currently advertising over 250 opportunities on CareerHub and LSESU RAG are continuing to collect tins of food for St Mungos in the entrance to the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre.
So if you’ve been inspired by what you’ve seen during Giving Tuesday then check out what the LSE Volunteer Centre has to offer. We’re here to help you make a difference during your time at LSE!