International Women’s Day

Emotional Revolution

by Claudia Turbet-Delof

It’s been 100 years since we, women, have been given a legal permission from men, to vote on matters that impact our day to day lives. This 8th March, I will be joining the Women’s Strike because we still earn 14% less than men – meaning that from 10th November, our paid work is free. We still hear […]

Power Upside Down. Women’s Global Strike

by Transnational social strike platform

The first global women’s strike on March 8th 2017 was an unprecedented experience, with the ability to catalyze a moment of exceptional intensity, synthesizing women’s mobilizations against violence and oppression across the world. Accounts and experiences from that strike were collected in our first reader. As Transnational Social Strike Platform, we find that the astonishing circulation […]

  • Permalink http://www.someecards.com/news/women/international-womens-day-tweets/Gallery

    An honourable MENtion to being a man about International Women’s Day

An honourable MENtion to being a man about International Women’s Day

by Callum Watson  [1] On 8 March, we celebrated International Women’s Day. To misquote from an often cited statistic, 95% of men immediately think “What about International MEN’s Day?!” when International Women’s Day is mentioned. The other 5% are liars.[2] Many will not have voiced this openly. Those of us working in gender-related fields may have felt guilty about it afterwards. […]

  • Permalink Gallery

    Impressions from Brazil: The international day of everything but women’s rights

Impressions from Brazil: The international day of everything but women’s rights

Our own Louisa Acciari has written up her impressions and analysis from International Women’s Day in Brazil. We are pleased to share her account of the march for women’s rights in São Paulo amidst political tensions in the country. Today was a very sad and disappointing day in São Paulo. The march for women’s rights, traditionally gathering about a 100 feminist organisations […]

March 10th, 2016|Politics, Society|0 Comments|

Bad Behavior has blocked 633 access attempts in the last 7 days.