Impact Fora and blogs:
- http://www.socialsciencespace.com/ Socialsciencespace brings social scientists together to explore, share and shape the big issues in social science, from funding to impact.
- http://blog.openwetware.org/scienceintheopen/ An openwetware blog on the challenges of open and connected science
- http://humanistica.ualberta.ca/about/ 4Humanities is a platform and resource for advocacy of the humanities, drawing on the technologies, new-media expertise, and ideas of the international digital humanities community.
- http://www.esf.org/research-areas/social-sciences.html ESF Social Sciences. The European Science Foundation (ESF) is an association of 78 Member Organisations devoted to scientific research in 30 European countries.
Research funding bodies:
- http://www.rcuk.ac.uk/Pages/Home.aspx The website for Research Councils UK (RCUK), the strategic partnership of the UK’s seven Research Councils.
Academic and Advocacy Groups
- http://www.vitae.ac.uk/ Vitae is a national organisation championing the personal, professional and career development of doctoral researchers and research staff in higher education institutions and research institutes.
- http://www.leru.org/index.php/public/home/ The League of European Research Universities (LERU) is as an association of 22 leading research universities that share the values of high-quality teaching within an environment of internationally competitive research.
- http://www.campaignforsocialscience.org.uk/ The Campaign for Social Science, initiated by the Academy of Social Sciences, will promote UK social science and raise its visibility in the public, media and Parliament.
- http://www.social-europe.eu/ Social Europe Journal (SEJ) is the first journal, delivered mainly electronically, addressing issues of critical interest to progressives across Europe and beyond.
- http://www.metrisnet.eu/metris/index.cfm/init/index METRIS – Monitoring European trends in Social Sciences and Humanities – is a service launched by the European Commission, DG-Research, Directorate L, “Science, Economy and Society” in order to provide an overview of these fields in Europe
- http://www.tilburguniversity.nl/university/internationalization/rise/ Raising the Impact of the Social sciences and Economics (RISE) is an international network of research universities in the area of the social sciences and economics.
- http://www.sagepub.com/sageopen/landing.sp SAGE Open is a new open access publication from SAGE. It will publish peer-reviewed, original research and review articles in an interactive, open access format spanning social and behavioral sciences and the humanities.
- http://www.plosone.org/home.actionPLoS ONE is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access, online publication which welcomes reports on primary research from any scientific discipline.
- http://thepublicintellectual.org/ The Public Intellectual is an online magazine that will go live in Spring 2011, seeking contributors who’d like to use their expertise to inform our most important ongoing cultural conversations.