TagsAfrica American media BBC Blogging broadcasting Channel 4 Citizen journalism Democracy Development Elections events Financial journalism Freedom of expression Globalisation governance and journalism guest blog Guest bloggers humanitarian comms International journalism Journalism Journalism studies Journalist ethics LSE Media Agenda Talks Media economics Media Policy Middle East Networked journalism new media newspapers online news Polis Events Political Communications politics public service Regulation Reporting politics social media Summer School Terror tv news twitter US politics War reporting wikileaks
- Transparency: The Polis Journalism Conference March 28th 2014
- Pictures of suffering – do we have to choose between impact and dignity?
- The philosophy of the new news
- Alec J Ross – My Media World Today And What I Would Like To Change About It
- If you have more women in media, do representations of women improve? Report from UN Media & Gender Forum
- Media e Potere: la guerra al giornalismo e l’era post-Snowden | Festival Internazionale del Giornalismo on Who Has The Power In The Information Age?
- Social Media for Journalists on What Good Is Twitter? (for public service journalism?) New Polis Report
- maurizio morabito on Pictures of suffering – do we have to choose between impact and dignity?
Tag Archives: business
Dec 3 2012
From the ‘ethnic minstrelsy’ of Tin Pan Alley in the early 20th century, to the bling culture of Hip Hop – American popular music has been both big business and a vital ingredient in the US cultural melting pot. Polis … Continue reading
Posted by: December 3, 2012
Nov 26 2012
“I am an economic creationist,” proclaims Giles Hedger, Group Managing Director of Leo Burnett Group UK, about 15 seconds into his lecture The Elves and the Shoe Maker – A Parable for a High Value Economy. And indeed, why not put … Continue reading
Posted by: November 26, 2012
Nov 2 2012
The major threat to the quality of media today isn’t the economy or trust – it’s plurality. That’s the view of top analyst Claire Enders, given in her Polis Media Agenda Talk. Polis intern Gideon Reid reports. Claire Enders began … Continue reading
Posted by: November 2, 2012
May 22 2011
These are my notes from a talk given to the Web Science Conference, ‘Profiting From the New Web’ on Monday May 23rd, 2011 at the Royal Society. You can see the slides here. I want to start by saying that … Continue reading
Posted by: May 22, 2011