TagsAfrica American media BBC Blogging broadcasting Channel 4 Citizen journalism Democracy Development Elections events Financial journalism Freedom of expression Globalisation governance and journalism guest blog Guest bloggers humanitarian comms International journalism Journalism Journalism studies Journalist ethics LSE Media Agenda Talks Media economics Media Policy Middle East Networked journalism new media newspapers online news Polis Events Political Communications politics public service Regulation Reporting politics social media Summer School Terror tv news twitter US politics War reporting wikileaks
- 10 things (so far) that organisations say when they are criticised by journalists and don’t want to deal with the issues raised
- The Philosophy of the new news – shorter version
- Transparency: The Polis Journalism Conference March 28th 2014
- Pictures of suffering – do we have to choose between impact and dignity?
- The philosophy of the new news
- Media e Potere: la guerra al giornalismo e l’era post-Snowden | Festival Internazionale del Giornalismo on Who Has The Power In The Information Age?
- Social Media for Journalists on What Good Is Twitter? (for public service journalism?) New Polis Report
- maurizio morabito on Pictures of suffering – do we have to choose between impact and dignity?
Tag Archives: freedom of speech
Oct 22 2012
Contentious politics, stratified society and the elusive public: myths and reality of Chinese media (guest blog)
In China there there are vast amounts of people online, the Government has control but social media is changing politics. That’s the consensus view but in this article, LSE’s Bingchun Meng tackles what she sees as some of the misunderstandings … Continue reading
Posted by: October 22, 2012
Sep 12 2012
The one lesson that all of us have learnt since the 2001 attacks on New York and Washington is that tiny networks of highly motivated minorities can now have a massively disproportionate impact on world affairs, partly thanks to the … Continue reading
Posted by: September 12, 2012