beddoe

London’s finest Gelato….according to a Gelato lover

beddoe

Calling All Gelato Lovers!

Since moving to London, easy access to a wide variety of gelaterias has really increased my consumption. Even this weekend, my friends and I braved it out in the freezing conditions to get our gelato fix! Here are my favourite 3 places in London (so far!).

ScoopScoop

Scoop is an amazing place to grab a gelato in London. It is located in Shorts Gardens, close to Seven Dials in Covent Garden. They have a rotating set of flavours with some key staples. Their main strength is the amazing creamy consistency and quality of their flavours! Perfect for ice-cream puritans who love traditional favours done well.

La-GelatieraLa Gelatiera

When I found this place with a few of my old
school friends before Christmas, I thought I has discovered a total hidden gem. I subsequently found out that it was awarded a top 50 foods medal for its ‘Fresh Basil and Calabrian Chilli’ flavour ice-cream in 2014, so others had discovered it too! Nonetheless, the gelato here is outstanding, with some very unique and interesting flavours. Last time I went I tried the mojito sorbet, which was a perfect after dinner treat, and this time I had mint chocolate cake flavour gelato. They also have some savoury flavours, like the one mentioned above. One of my friends tried a scoop of ‘Rosemary and Honey’, which was surprisingly an excellent combination. I would recommend it to people who love to be experimental with their gelato flavours without compromising on quality.

GGelatorinoelatorino

I first went to Gelatorino during the summer holidays last year, while my sisters went to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory. They serve traditional Italian gelato, made fresh in the shop. What makes the stand out, however, is their accompaniment to the traditional gelato dessert. Gelatorino uses melted dark chocolate, drizzled into a small well in the ice cream as a sauce, leaving it warm and slightly soft as you eat the ice-cream. It is heavenly. A small warning, one of the times I visited, it was so warm as we ate our gelato that it melted too quickly, leaving warm chocolate sauce to go everywhere – so if you needed any more of a motivation to eat your ice-cream quickly, there you go!

beddoe

Posted In: London life