mukhopa1

July 5th, 2015

Why you should blog while at LSE

1 comment

mukhopa1

July 5th, 2015

Why you should blog while at LSE

1 comment

My graduate life at LSE is almost at an end, and I am sure a very excited and enthusiastic bunch of students will be joining in September for a great year filled with challenges and opportunities. Looking back at this one year, one thing that I would encourage most of you to do while at LSE is – write. To be more specific, write for a blog at LSE. Over the course of this one year, you will change as a person, as a writer, as a conscientious thinker – and what better way to document it than write about it?

My experience with the Students@LSE blog throughout the year has been a re-defining process. I started off as an excited youngster, looking forward to enjoying every bit of graduate life. As the year progressed, along with my essay writing skills, my blogging skills also changed. I became more of a deep thinker, a person who loved LSE for its academic merit as well as its vibrant atmosphere. There is so much happening around campus every day, so much to learn – and this blog becomes your journal, your memory of your time here at LSE, which you will definitely cherish for a lifetime.

This isn’t just a blog about life at LSE, it is a documentation of every student’s unique life experience, some of which you may experience too. Be it a mid-term crisis or a pancake experience, every little moment is captured on this blog. That is what makes blogging for Students@LSE such a memorable experience.

What I have taken out of LSE is academic distinction and researching capabilities. But my life as a student hasn’t just been confined to academics. Blogging gives you the freedom to exercise your opinion on a non-academic forum, it gives you a chance to practise what you have learnt in the classroom in the real world. Writing relaxes your mind, forces it to adapt to a different form of thinking. I don’t think I can ever imagine taking the decision of embarking on a writing career without having been a blogger here at LSE.

Students@LSE is an international blog, and varied experiences abound on this blog. I started my journey on this blog, by writing an article on ‘Why LSE is truly an International Institution’. From there the journey has been one of refinement and complete enjoyment. I have documented my feelings, my academic rigour, my inter-disciplinary interests on the blog, occasionally also providing library directions! Now that the year is almost at an end, the blog seems like a memory I would like to carry for life. I know that if someone asks me about my experience at LSE, I won’t point towards my degree, I will point towards this blog.

If you love writing, then do blog at LSE. Even if you don’t like writing, but you like creating and saving memories, then do blog at LSE.

This blog is a space for everyone, for every soul here at LSE. Do blog, and do join us in this journey of creating memories!

mukhopa1

Posted In: Student life