LSE Africa Summit
Innovative Governance in Africa
Date: Friday, 17th April 2015
Venue: London School of Economics and Political Science
This one-day intensive Research Conference will explore strategies for and implications of innovative governance across the African continent; and how new technologies and approaches are shifting the idea of Africa in the world. This conference will present diversified insights into emerging opportunities and challenges for Africa and provide a platform for engagement between African and international researchers, development professionals and policy practitioners concerned with governance today.
We are pleased to announce a Call for Papers for the Research Conference to be submitted electronically (Word or PDF format) to Africarc@lse.ac.uk. The submission should include:
- The paper title;
- Full paper (approximately 6,000 to 8,000 words);
- A short biography – including current position;
- Whether financial support is required from the LSE in order to participate (a limited number of scholarships are available for researchers unable to fund their participation).
- Application Deadline (full papers): 29th December 2014
- Notification of selection: 26th January 2015
- Acceptance by selected authors: 2nd February 2015
Papers will be selected across a broad range of fields and interests, assessed according to their contribution to debates on innovative governance, along with their academic quality.
Submissions based broadly, but not restricted to the following topics are welcome:
– Health Governance and Public Health Management
– Governance, Justice and Security
– Governing Africa’s Cities
– Public and Private Sector Reform
– Science, Technology and Innovative Governance
If you require further information on the Research Conference or have any other queries, please contact us at: Africarc@lse.ac.uk
Christina Saadalla and Liz Storer
Research Conference Directors