We’ve had a great 2018 at the LSE Volunteer Centre, with students donating hundreds of hours to volunteering across London and internationally. A great success this year has been our One-Off sessions ranging from knitting to transcribing, wrapping presents to Writing for Rights!
Now it’s time to think about 2019… We all know about the cheesy ‘new year, new me’ narrative, but here at the LSE Volunteer Centre we believe it’s a great motivation to get involved in volunteering. There are so many brilliant benefits to volunteering in London, like learning a new skill and making new friends.
If you’re unsure about volunteering or being able to commit time, a one-off volunteering session is the perfect opportunity to get a taster of volunteering. We’ve got eight one-off’s lined up, including painting for St Ethelburga’s Centre and helping to host a party for Coin Street Community Builders.
Below are six key ways that you can get involved with volunteering and get more information about the perfect opportunities for you! See you when term starts.
- Check CareerHub for opportunities to volunteer your time with an amazing group of London organisations and charities.
- Book a one-to-one appointment with Volunteer Centre Manager, David Coles! He can discuss how you can get involved, what to expect from volunteering and answer other questions you may have.
- Come along to the Lent Term Volunteering Fair on Tuesday 29 January. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to meet a variety of charities that the LSE Volunteer Centre works with.
- Have a chat with one of the Student Volunteering Ambassadors. We’ll be hosting multiple stalls outside the SU building, giving you a chance to talk to an ambassador about their volunteering.
- Come a long to one of our One-Off Volunteering Sessions! We’ve launched all of our sessions today so start putting dates down in your diaries, bookings open three weeks before each event. They can be found on Facebook and CareerHub.
- Get involved in Student Volunteering Week! From the 11-17 of February LSE will be celebrating Student Volunteering Week, with stalls and activities to get involved in.