LSE Careers is once again collaborating with Imperial College London and The University of Cambridge to bring you Careers Fairs in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Last years’ fairs were a great success with several LSE attendees obtaining internships and job offers following coming to the fairs. To book your place at one or more of the fairs, visit the CareerHub pages for the three fairs below:
- Beijing Careers Fair – Monday 12 August 2019
- Shanghai Careers Fair – Wednesday 14 August 2019
- Hong Kong Careers Fair – Monday 19 August 2019
Check the each CareerHub event page to see the organisations attending – further organisations will continue to be added between now and the start of the fairs.
If you need convincing, here are 5 fantastic reasons to attend!:
- Range of employers: we had 80 employer stands across the three locations last year, ranging from banking, finance and professional services to government, technology and even fashion – this year we’ll be hosting a similar variety.
- Job opportunities: over the years, students have found employment – at internship and graduate level – as a result of attending the Asia Careers Fairs and the conversations they’ve had with recruiters.
- Understand the value of your international education: recent research from com found that the top three ‘most preferred’ attributes that major employers are looking for in graduates returning to work in China are international perspective, language, and cross-cultural communication skills – all of which your time at LSE will have helped develop.
- Expand your networks: it’s a chance to meet not only those doing the jobs you’re interested in, but also alumni, and students from other leading universities from the UK and the US.
- Those who have attended before would recommend it!: Of those responding to our survey, 90% of attendees across the 2018 fairs said that they felt more informed about the employment opportunities available to them in the sectors represented at the fair
Book your place now! We look forward to seeing you there!