Dipa Patel

April 16th, 2020

London through the eyes of our Student Ambassadors

Dipa Patel

April 16th, 2020

London is an exciting and vibrant city to study in. No wonder it was voted the best student city in 2019! But don’t just take our word for it, here are some pictures from our Student Ambassadors who share snapshots from their time in the capital*. 

*Pictures taken before the 2020 coronavirus lockdown.

Catalina García Pradilla 

“Regent’s Canal is my favourite place is London. It is located between Angel and Victoria Park. I live in front of the canal so basically it is my route to go to everywhere (tube, park, dinner). I love to take in the sun or drink a glass of wine by the canal.”

Instagram: pradillacatalinagarcia

__________

Shea Mann

“I thoroughly enjoy my daily walk over Waterloo Bridge on the way to LSE. Many iconic locations are visible including the Palace of Westminster and London Eye… It provides a real sense of place!”

Instagram: shea.s.m

__________

Yohannan Nair Kunju Krisnan

“I had the privilege to attend a guest lecture by one of my intellectual idols, Dr Ha Joon Chang, at the LSE last term. I read a few of his books and articles on Economics as an undergraduate student in Malaysia, so getting the chance to hear him speak about the subject in person was an unforgettable experience.”

__________

Mirna Medina-Silva

“It is 20 degrees outside, Spring has come. I fill a flask with coffee and put a couple of homemade sandwiches in my bag while listening to “La Bamba”. It’s time to take a break from studying. After a 5-mins walk from home I get to the park, a perfect place to enjoy my picnic while admiring the beautiful reborn of nature in spring.”

__________

Huiyi Chen

” “They say home is where the heart is, but that’s not where mine is” —— as I left part of my heart in London’s Christmas night. This pictures was taken before Christmas at Piccadilly Circus with the famous Regent Street Lights on. “

Instagram: jamiehy.invincible

__________

Harikeerthan Raghuram

” “Branches of life.” One of the highlights of London is that there is always a park or a garden within a few minutes of walking. This picture is from a bench in Russell Square, one of the largest garden squares in Bloomsbury.”

__________

Photo credit: Choi Seung Jee (echoseung)

Rahma Anggraini

“I didn’t even celebrate Christmas but last Christmas was heart-warming and beautiful for me. The beauty of the festive lights and markets in London offered joy and embrace to everyone, that you can still have your own cup of happiness and warmth in midst of London’s cold winter. This picture was taken when I went to Hyde Park’s Christmas Market last December with my fellow LSE IDHE friend.”

My Instagram ID: rahmalaa

__________

Nicole Oloo

“Although winter months can be super dreary, exploring christmas markets and all the lights up on all the streets makes London at Christmas magical!”

Instagram: nicoleoloo

__________

Gayatri I Gusti

“London has a long list of fascinating buildings to see. However, little did people know where the best spots are to enjoy the views. This photo of iconic St.Paul’s Cathedral and the surrounding scenery was taken from the top terrace of a shopping mall, right behind the cathedral. This secret publicly accessible viewing point (okay, now not a secret anymore) was revealed to me during a walking tour organised by LSE Life. Joining different events and activities at the school has revealed several other sweet ‘secrets’ like this to me.”

Instagram: g.kancana

__________

Kassandra Jones

“When you are attending graduate school in London, it can be easy to become caught up with all of the work and campus life. So when my sister came to visit over the New Year, we decided to do one of the most touristy things and go up the London Eye. It gives a spectacular view of the skyline and should be experienced at least once.”

Instagram: mskassandraj

The views expressed in this post are those of the author and in no way reflect those of the International Development LSE blog or the London School of Economics and Political Science. 

Dipa Patel

Posted In: Student Ambassadors | Student Experience