On Saturday, February 22 and Sunday, February 23, the School of Public Policy Women’s Network is organizing the first Gender and Policy Conference at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). Here are 5 great reasons to attend this conference!
PARTICIPATE IN DISCUSSIONS WITH LEADING POLICY EXPERTS
- Feminist Foreign Policy with Marissa Conway. Named on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list for 2019, Marissa is a Co-Founder of the Centre for Feminist Foreign Policy. She is a doctoral candidate earning her PhD in Politics at the University of Bristol.
- Domestic Violence with Francesca Bettio. Francesca is a Labour Economics Professor at the University of Siena (M.Sc from LSE and Ph.D from the University of Cambridge). Her doctoral dissertation offered the first economic account of female work and wages in Italy dating back to early industrialization.
- Gender Budgeting with Janet Veitch. Janet works as consultant in the UK and internationally on women’s rights, having worked for ten years for the UK Minister for Women, and as Director of the UK Women’s National Commission. She was awarded the OBE for services to women’s rights in 2011.
- Designing Policy for ALL Women. Whilst the dominant narrative is slowly changing to be more inclusive, the current conversations too often focus on the majority, ignoring how policy disproportionately affects disenfranchised and silent groups.
- Gender Policy in a Developing Context. This discussion will break down the wide range of factors at play in developing countries, including health, economic mobility, poverty and financial dependence.
LISTEN TO WHAT FELLOW STUDENTS HAVE TO SAY
Students will have opportunities to share their knowledge and experience with other participants through a lunchtime research poster sharing session and student-led workshops. Topics include:
- Exploring policy interventions for multimedia-based sexual violence against women
- Policy interventions for gender-based cyberviolence in politics
- The future of gender-inclusive work
DON’T MISS OUT ON NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
The Policy in Practice Seminars and student-led workshops will provide great opportunities to meet experts in gender topics and fellow public policy students. Mix and mingle with conference attendees at an evening reception on Saturday and bond with other students at the walking tour of London.
GET TO KNOW FELLOW PUBLIC POLICY STUDENTS FROM OTHER INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS
Students from other public policy schools in Sao Paulo, New York, Singapore, and Berlin will be attending the conference.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE SPP WOMEN’S NETWORK
A very dedicated and talented team from the SPP Women’s Network has been working hard these past few months to organize this event. Let’s show them our appreciation for all their work!
HOW TO REGISTER?
Registration link for LSE students (£10):
https://eshop.lse.ac.uk/product-catalogue/school-of-public-policy/events/gender-and-policy-conference-lse-students-onlyStudent Participation – Poster Sessions and Workshops
Registration includes all conference sessions, Saturday lunch, a networking reception on Saturday evening, breakfast, coffee & snacks throughout. Please note that the registration for LSE students closed on February 14 and that spots are limited.
Feel free to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org