The next LSE Python User Group (LSE PUG) will take place on Wednesday 30 November between 6-8pm in Room 1.15, NAB.
Data Science with Python (An Introduction) will feature Patrick Morris from BlackRock demonstrating a clean install of Anaconda distribution before using the Jupyter notepad (part of the Anaconda package) to explore some of the recent US election polling data.
If you would like to follow along with the demonstration, please download Anaconda from here:
- https://www.continuum.io/downloads (Python 3.5 version)
Presentations and questions will take up to one hour, with the last part of the session dedicated for networking with Python enthusiasts:
- 18:00 – 18:10 | Welcome and Refreshments
- 18:10 – 18:30 | An Introduction to Data Science (LSE Speaker TBC)
- 18:30 – 19:00 | Exploring US Election Data using Anaconda (Patrick Morris, BlackRock)
- 19:00 – 20:00 | Questions and Networking
All are welcome, light refreshments provided. Please RSVP to Taj Chowdhury: T.Chowdhury@lse.ac.uk