LSE Network Passwords last for 12 months before they need to be change. Don’t get caught by surprise – change your password before it expires!
Changing your password
- On a campus Windows PC: log in, press <CTRL>+<ALT>+<DEL> and choose Change password
- Off-campus, on a Mac or your own laptop: Log into LSE For You and click Account Management | Change Password. This method also shows you the strength of your chosen password
- Off-campus via the Remote Desktop: Log into the Remote Desktop, click Start | Windows Security | Change Password
For more detailed instructions, see How to Change Your LSE Password [pdf].
Please make sure that your password:
- Is at least 8 characters long
- Contains at least one uppercase letter and at least one lower case letter
- Contains at least one number or punctuation character;
- Includes only characters supported on campus machines (avoid international characters)
- Is not a dictionary word
- Is less than 12 months old.
Changing an expired password
If your LSE password has expired you can renew it using LSE Workspace. There is a link for resetting on your password in the top right of the Workspace home page.
Please note that you will be required to enter your old credentials so this method is not suitable if you have forgotten your password.
After you have changed your password:
- Update the password on any devices that you use to access LSE services e.g. eduroam (wifi), LSE Email
- Set up your security questions in LSE For You in case you forget your password in the future
If you are using a Mac workstation or Mac laptop that was set up by LSE IMT, after you’ve changed your password there are further steps you may want to take. See Changing passwords for LSE Apple Mac.
If you experience any problems, please get in touch!
Staff and Research students please contact the IT Service Desk
Taught students please contact the IT Help Desk