Ever had something go wrong with your laptop or device, but you’re not quite sure what it is? LSE has its very own laptop surgery, open to all students and staff who need help with their devices.
Where to go when your laptop is misbehaving
You can find the laptop surgery in the IMT Walk In Centre, on the 1st floor of the Library. Opening times vary, but for the remainder of Lent term, the Laptop Surgery is open from 10am – 2pm Monday-Friday.
You can find the full details of the Laptop Surgery opening times here.
How can we help?
The Laptop Surgery is here to help you with a whole host of problems, including:
- Help connecting to the LSE network, email, H:Space and School printers
- Help with virus and malware protection and assistance with infected devices
- Hardware troubleshooting and support, including hard drive replacements and memory upgrades
- General advice and assistance with laptops and mobile devices
Three quick checks before you visit the Laptop Surgery
Lots of visits to the Laptop Surgery begin with virus protection or detection. It’s easy to do this yourself, and it could shorten the length of your visit or save you visiting the Laptop Surgery altogether!
Complete these three quick checks before you visit the laptop surgery:
- Is your firewall enabled? Most devices these days come with them installed. Check yours is turned on.
- Is your anti-virus protection up to date? Turn on automatic updates to make sure your device is running the newest version. If you don’t have anti-virus protection, LSE students and staff can get Sophos anti-virus software free of charge.
- Is your laptop configured to download security updates automatically?
Windows: Click Start | Control Panel | Windows Update (or Automatic Updates)
Mac: Open System Preferences | Choose the App Store icon | Check these three options are selected:
– Automatically check for updates
– Download newly available updates in the background
– Install system data files and security updates
LSE-owned laptop? Contact the Service Desk
If you’re a research student or member of staff with an LSE-owned laptop, you’ll need to contact the Service Desk with any laptop-related problems or queries:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0207 107 5000 | x5000