Hello readers!
If you are like me or to be more precise, like most average student who owns a smartphone, then I can bet that the first thing you do when you wake up is that you check your phone.Doing so, and with the amount of distractions at the tip of your fingers, it is easy to find yourself engrossed and procrastinating when you should actually be getting ready for uni!

Lock

Image by Rico Shen http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ via Wikimedia Commons

For android users who find themselves in such situation I might have the solution just for you! Clearlock is an app that locks all your chosen distractions. You have control on which apps to lock and which ones not to. The app is very effective and does a very good job at immediately closing the app when you get tempted for a quick notification check. There is also a pro-version which enable you schedule when to lock the apps for a period of time.

I myself have been using it for quite a while and so far have no complaints except for minor bugs such as notifications of blocked apps can sometimes interact with the actual unlocked app you are on, hence closing it. You can reopen with no problem, but this can be cumbersome in some instances. Another thing that I have noted is that the schedule programmed sometimes only activates when I start using my phone. In my opinion it is DOSE function on the new Android M that closes the app when the phone is on standby.

On a concluding note, in spite of the few bugs noticed, I will still rate the app a 4.5 out of 5 just because it has been that helpful for me. It also helps me for my studies but more on that later.
Wish you a good day, and thank you for reading.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/sp-tech
Log in | Tumblr
www.tumblr.com
Log in to your Tumblr account to start posting to your blog.

By Sarvesh Pugo

Sonia Gomes

About Sonia Gomes

Sonia is the Learning Support Library Assistant for LSE’s Library Information Skills programmes as well as the Student Ambassador for Digital Literacy project (SADL). She has worked with LSE Archives and Special Collections and has a special interest in collections such as The Women's Library and the Hall-Carpenter Archives.