Well Jane has shamed me into finally posting. My good intentions to post everyday have so far not come to much.

The conference is seems to me to be going pretty well with more than the usual number of interesting sessions and fewer “what we did with our VLE” type presentations. Diana Oblinger’s overview of students’ use and expectations of technologies and its potential impact on education was pitched at just the right level for a keynote. It appeared to be an effortless overview but actually contained much of real substance.

Around the conference a hot issue for many is the BlackBoard patents. No new news or developments but it is clear where many delegates sympathies lie.

Jane has already mentioned the “ghost and ghouls” tour. For me the highlight was when a certain person had to be taken out before the end as it was all getting a bit too scary! hmm clearly I am not very good on picking up the psychic aura. Let’s hope only the right kind of spirts are present at the conference dinner tonight.