I was reminded on Friday by the ever-innovative LSE Careers Service that I never shared my attempt at using Prezi, so here it is.  I’d seen it used at a couple of events earlier in the year so when I was preparing for this year’s new academics induction I thought I’d give it a go for my Social Software in Teaching slot.

While it’s nice to sit in a presentation where PowerPoint doesn’t feature I’m not wholly convinced by Prezi.  My main gripe is that I found it incredibly fiddly to use.  It took me a long time to put this together, OK it was my first attempt, but I’m not sure it was worth it.  The main advantage it seems,  putting the occasionally sea-sickness inducing animation aside for now, is that it doesn’t need to be a linear presentation.  It’s very easy to jump around and as most of my presentation could have been in any order I let the audience decide!

The LSE Careers Service Prezi I saw on Friday is below. It wasn’t created for delivering a live presentation but more as an online advertisement. Perhaps this is a better use as it’s certainly more appealing than plain text and, like I’ve done here, can be embedded in multiple locations. I’ve set this one to autoplay although it doesn’t seem to so you may need to click More to do that.