On 11 December, the inaugural Board for alternative regulator IMPRESS (The Independent Monitor for the Press) was announced. The Board will join Walter Merricks CBE, the first Chair of IMPRESS, in launching the new organisation, which is working to introduce independent and effective press regulation.
The Board members include
- Deborah Arnott, former broadcast journalist and now Chief Executive of the charity ASH
- Iain Christie, barrister and Secretary of the Civil Mediation Council
- Sue Evison, former Chief Feature Writer of The Sun
- Máire Messenger Davies, former journalist and now Professor of Media Studies at the University of Ulster
- David Robinson, Founding CEO of the life insurance company Bright Grey
- Patrick Swaffer, President of the British Board of Film Classification.
More details are available at IMPRESSProject.org