Note for potential commentators on published blogs
We welcome comments on all blogs and will accept any reasonable or constructive comment that contributes to debate, including strong criticisms and a variety of opinions. We operate a propriety filter, so comments are channeled to the Blog Team and only posted for public view once they have been checked. This means that there will be a brief delay in posting comments in general and may increase if posting overnight, at weekends and when we are very busy. Please note we follow these guidelines to operate our comments system:
- Email Privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared. They may be used by the blog committee to privately contact the commenter.
- Language and Manners: This blog is for a wide audience, and comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by the blog committee and to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted.
- No Personal Attack Comments Permitted: No personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may question or argue the content, but not attack the blogger, nor any other commenters.
- A Comment is Conversation: A comment which does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, or deleted.
- Limit Links: This blog is setup to automatically hold any blog comment with more than two links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog. Any blog comment with more than four links could be marked as comment spam.
- What To Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: If you leave a comment on this blog and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate these Comment Policies, contact the blog team.
- Commenters Blocked: Anyone who violates this Comments Policy may be blocked from commenting on this blog.
- All Rights Reserved: The blog committee reserves the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. They also have the right to block access to any individual or group of people from commenting, or from the entire blog.