Here is a weekend treat for you. We are so used to online video now thanks to YouTube and the rest, that it’s refreshing to see some internet journalism that uses still pictures and sound to even better effect. Please check out this wonderful photographic/sound essay about Carrie Johnson. She is one of only two dozen women who work as ‘Firejumpers’ for the US Fire Service – they literally parachute in to the wilderness of the North West to put out fires. Congrats to Anne Medley of NewWest.Net for showing how to combine simple ‘old media’ formats (stills photography and audio) online. Unpretencious grass-roots American documentary journalism of the highest order.
- Red Dwarf is 'bastion of TV diversity', says Danny John-Jules
- Whatever you do, don't eat: the new rules of video-conferencing
- Here's my mum with the news! Radio DJs on the switch to home-broadcasting
- UK anti-fake news unit dealing with up to 10 false coronavirus articles a day
- Jeanine Pirro responds to critics of appearance on Fox News show