‘Fake news’ has taken the world and especially America by storm, and is the subject of this episode of LSE’s The Ballpark podcast. In this episode, LSE’s US Centre interview Charlie Beckett and Sonia Livingstone on what ‘fake news’ is and how the LSE’s Truth, Trust and Technology Commission will address it.
About the author
Julia Ziemer is Polis Manager in the Department of Media and Communications at LSE. Before joining the LSE in 2014, Julia was Events and Development manager at English PEN and she previously worked at the Charles Dickens Museum and the Literature Department of the British Council.
Why today’s Facebook hearings won’t – and shouldn’t – change much (yet)
April 10th, 2018
Facebook’s newsfeed changes: a disaster or an opportunity for news publishers?
January 12th, 2018
Dealing with the disinformation dilemmas: a new agenda for news media
December 21st, 2017
- Panama Papers law firm Mossack Fonseca sues Netflix over The Laundromat
- Malta's police 'may have turned down evidence' in journalist's murder
- Twitter lays out rules for world leaders amid pressure to rein in Trump
- Meat the Family: new reality TV show challenges carnivores to eat their 'pets'
- How Facebook shot themselves in the foot in their Elizabeth Warren spat | Ellen Goodman and Karen Kornbluh