Rich people typically lean right politically. Are they motivated by deeply moral views or self-interest? Andrew J Oswald and Nick Powdthavee argue that money makes you right-wing. It shows that lottery winners in the UK are more likely to switch their allegiance from left to right. Why are you right-wing, left-wing, or in the middle? You probably believe that you made […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Rory Stewart’s plan for UK teenagers: the problem with making National Citizen Service compulsory
- Why did the Conservatives lose the 1945 election?
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle
- Remain, revolt, reform: the EU needs policies that tame capitalism and a politics conducive to socialism