The Government’s pledge to extend the “Help to Buy” programme is a further mistaken investment in a policy which has had little impact on extending home ownership to lower income households, explains Bert Provan. So, the £2bn investment in “social and affordable housing” is, while welcome, wholly inadequate to meet the pressing and increasing need for low cost rented […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Which women knew about state pension age changes? Inequalities in awareness and their implications
- A nation of Brendas? What the public really thinks of a general election – and why Westminster gets it wrong
- The different ‘types’ of poverty: is there a problem with how we currently talk about poverty?
- Are the DUP for turning? When the Union is perceived to be at risk, all options are on the table
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle