The Government’s pledge to extend the “Help to Buy” programme is a further mistaken investment in a policy which has had little impact on extending home ownership to lower income households, explains Bert Provan. So, the £2bn investment in “social and affordable housing” is, while welcome, wholly inadequate to meet the pressing and increasing need for low cost rented […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle
- How effective is Parliament in controlling UK government and representing citizens?
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- How putting A-level results in context can improve access to the UK’s best universities
- There is no left-wing case for Brexit: 21st century socialism requires transnational organization