What happens when outsourced contractors are no longer able or willing to continue with the provision of public services? Bob Hudson explores the downsides of outsourcing public services and finds the proposals currently in train to address ‘market failure’ in both health and social care to be lacking. He goes on to explore alternative approaches and writes that public services should be seen as something more than a contract […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Which women knew about state pension age changes? Inequalities in awareness and their implications
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- How effective is Parliament in controlling UK government and representing citizens?
- Governing as a permanent form of campaigning: why the civil service is in mortal danger
- Contrary to popular and academic belief, Adam Smith did not accept inequality as a necessary trade-off for a more prosperous economy