What happens when outsourced contractors are no longer able or willing to continue with the provision of public services? Bob Hudson explores the downsides of outsourcing public services and finds the proposals currently in train to address ‘market failure’ in both health and social care to be lacking. He goes on to explore alternative approaches and writes that public services should be seen as something more than a contract […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Why did the Conservatives’ large lead in vote shares produce only an 80-seat majority?
- Which women knew about state pension age changes? Inequalities in awareness and their implications
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- Underemployment among part-time workers may have detrimental psychological consequences
- The Exit Poll, BBC Election Night and systemic media bias