What happens when outsourced contractors are no longer able or willing to continue with the provision of public services? Bob Hudson explores the downsides of outsourcing public services and finds the proposals currently in train to address ‘market failure’ in both health and social care to be lacking. He goes on to explore alternative approaches and writes that public services should be seen as something more than a contract […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Why did the Conservatives lose the 1945 election?
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle
- British democracy and the power of the military: too much or too little?
- Previous work experience is not a good predictor of how people will perform in a new job