The creation of the Annexe to the Grammar School in Sevenoaks in Kent is part of an unfolding privatisation of educational provision. Indeed, grammar schools have never gone away. In particular, Helen M Gunter and Steven Courtney argue that what remains potent, and extends beyond the actual type of provision, is the idea of the grammar school. The mimicry […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Why did the Conservatives’ large lead in vote shares produce only an 80-seat majority?
- Which women knew about state pension age changes? Inequalities in awareness and their implications
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- Punctuation and rhetoric: the difference between the “the people’s parliament” and “the peoples’ parliament”
- The Exit Poll, BBC Election Night and systemic media bias