John Kay argues that many of the models used to assess and quantify real life projects are bogus. They are based on the assumption of complete and perfect information, but a model can never be a true representation of the world and nor should we expect it to be. The skill of a policy analyst is in identifying the models and evidence […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- Preparing British foreign policy for the post-Brexit era: why swift and sudden institutional change is not the answer
- Social mobility at the top: how elites in the UK are pulling away
- How effective is Parliament in controlling UK government and representing citizens?
- Which women knew about state pension age changes? Inequalities in awareness and their implications