Introduced under the Thatcher government, ‘Right to Buy’ has had a formative effect on housing in the UK for the past 35 years. In The Right to Buy? Selling Off Public and Social Housing, Alan Murie examines the policy’s long-standing and ongoing impact, and considers the implications of its more recent extension. While more explicit political analysis of the […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- What happened to Europe’s left? From proletariat to precariat
- A national unity government led by backbenchers to block no-deal Brexit is a dangerous idea
- Governing as a permanent form of campaigning: why the civil service is in mortal danger
- Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence: the betrayal of a whole generation?
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion