UK house prices are now nine times the average income. Why is the cost of a new home moving so far beyond the reach of most people? Josh Ryan-Collins explains how banks are the missing piece in the puzzle, and outlines the problematic relationship between banks, land prices and home ownership in the UK. When compared to other countries it is clear: it […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- What will life be like in the Commons for the Independent Group?
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- There is no left-wing case for Brexit: 21st century socialism requires transnational organization
- The political consequences of antisemitism? The party preferences of Britain’s Jews