The problem of low turnout among young people, particularly those from less affluent backgrounds, has been subject of many discussions. Anja Neundorf and Kaat Smets write that this gap in civic empowerment often develops at a young age due to varying degrees of parental political socialisation, and draw on recent research to emphasise that civic education in schools is key […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Why Change UK may turn out to be neither democratic nor a force for change
- Is Brexit a constitutional crisis, or a political one? The answer matters
- To explain why socialism is still attractive, we must look at why liberalism is not
- How effective is Parliament in controlling UK government and representing citizens?
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle