The UK is a world leader on foreign policy – but it is not at all clear how it can maintain that influence outside the EU, says Karen E Smith. States like Iceland and Switzerland tend to defer to the EU because they lack sufficient heft on their own. The EU itself will suffer from Brexit. But, paradoxically, Donald […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Forecasting the 2019 General Election using the PM and the Pendulum model
- Unite to Remain: how likely are the three parties’ voters to support the alliance?
- Which women knew about state pension age changes? Inequalities in awareness and their implications
- On dealigning and realigning elections: Is Britain about to experience a Westminster earthquake?
- Campaigns, ideologies, and strategic voting: what the polls tell us now