The new cohort of select committee chairs will be scrutinising the work of a weakened government, write Mark Goodwin, Stephen Bates and Marc Geddes. Nine of the 28 are women, reflecting the advantage female MPs enjoy when they stand for committee elections. The current line-up also includes some well-known figures who have clashed with their party leaderships, creating an intriguing […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Why did the Conservatives’ large lead in vote shares produce only an 80-seat majority?
- Which women knew about state pension age changes? Inequalities in awareness and their implications
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- Underemployment among part-time workers may have detrimental psychological consequences
- The public’s climate change views: strong beliefs but low salience