Why is public opinion in some countries principally pro-European while largely eurosceptic in others? Although the debate on EU integration has mainly formed around economic and identity-based arguments, Margarete Scherer draws on the European Social Survey to highlight religion as another dimension. She suggests political culture is explained in part by historical associations between church and state, and that the […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Which women knew about state pension age changes? Inequalities in awareness and their implications
- Unite to Remain: how likely are the three parties’ voters to support the alliance?
- What should be in the election manifestos on health and social care?
- How effective is Parliament in controlling UK government and representing citizens?
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion