The fall in support, and considerable loss of Parliamentary representation, for the Scottish National Party in the 2017 general election, throws the immediate future of the pro-independence project into some doubt. Mark Simpson suggests that nationalists need to play a longer game, focusing for now on getting the devolved powers they need to create a more equal Scotland within […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- Britain’s wartime generation are almost as pro-EU as millennials
- Two troubled premierships: comparing the administrations of John Major and Theresa May
- Abortion law reform in Northern Ireland: celebrations and cautions
- ‘Speaking truth to power’ in Select Committees: what is the experience like for external evidence-givers?