The fall in support, and considerable loss of Parliamentary representation, for the Scottish National Party in the 2017 general election, throws the immediate future of the pro-independence project into some doubt. Mark Simpson suggests that nationalists need to play a longer game, focusing for now on getting the devolved powers they need to create a more equal Scotland within […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- What will life be like in the Commons for the Independent Group?
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- There is no left-wing case for Brexit: 21st century socialism requires transnational organization
- The political consequences of antisemitism? The party preferences of Britain’s Jews