Mary Bosworth’s research investigates immigration detentions centres in the UK. She argues that the potentially open-ended nature of detention has a profound effect on staff and detainees, making it difficult for the former to plan a regime while, for the latter, creating an environment of uncertainty. The current system is not inevitable, and so, she argues, we need to spend […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Five things we have learnt about England’s voter ID trials in the 2019 local elections
- Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence: the betrayal of a whole generation?
- Who decides who is leader of the opposition?
- Categories, stereotypes, and political identities: the use of Brexiter and Remainer in online comments
- Governing as a permanent form of campaigning: why the civil service is in mortal danger