What does it mean for a radical or separatist group to moderate – does it change its values and goals in the process or only the ways it communicates them? Looking at the case of Irish republicans, Matthew Whiting explains how Sinn Féin and the IRA came to change their behaviour but not necessarily their goals, while also emphasising the […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- What happened to Europe’s left? From proletariat to precariat
- Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence: the betrayal of a whole generation?
- Five things we have learnt about England’s voter ID trials in the 2019 local elections
- Who decides who is leader of the opposition?
- Governing as a permanent form of campaigning: why the civil service is in mortal danger