How do people feel about multicultural policies? Ethnic majorities tend to resent them, and feel less safe in societies with a number of affirmative and rights-based policies, write Pamela Irving Jackson and Peter Doerschler. As a result, governments have come under pressure to ensure policies that tackle inequality benefit everyone. Yet both ethnic majorities and minorities declare themselves happier with their […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- What happened to Europe’s left? From proletariat to precariat
- Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence: the betrayal of a whole generation?
- Governing as a permanent form of campaigning: why the civil service is in mortal danger
- Who decides who is leader of the opposition?
- Five things we have learnt about England’s voter ID trials in the 2019 local elections