Immigration is one of the key issues in the context of the UK’s EU membership referendum, with several politicians advocating a shift away from free movement within the EU toward an Australian points-based system for managing immigration. But would such a system help or hinder the UK economy? Randall Hansen writes that while the system has a mixed record […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Unite to Remain: how likely are the three parties’ voters to support the alliance?
- Which women knew about state pension age changes? Inequalities in awareness and their implications
- On dealigning and realigning elections: Is Britain about to experience a Westminster earthquake?
- Campaigns, ideologies, and strategic voting: what the polls tell us now
- How effective is Parliament in controlling UK government and representing citizens?