How does the UK compare with other European countries in relation to family-friendly policies? Liam Foster, Ruby Chau and Sam Yu look at eight European countries and develop two new indices on ‘defamilisation’, the degree to which social care measures make it possible for people to participate in activities outside their home. Their research shows that the UK still has much […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Previous work experience is not a good predictor of how people will perform in a new job
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle
- Prisoner voting rights: the conflict between the government and the courts was really about executive power
- British democracy and the power of the military: too much or too little?