How does the UK compare with other European countries in relation to family-friendly policies? Liam Foster, Ruby Chau and Sam Yu look at eight European countries and develop two new indices on ‘defamilisation’, the degree to which social care measures make it possible for people to participate in activities outside their home. Their research shows that the UK still has much […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle
- How effective is Parliament in controlling UK government and representing citizens?
- Exploitable loopholes: how the self-employed non-resident status can be a route to child maintenance evasion
- How putting A-level results in context can improve access to the UK’s best universities
- There is no left-wing case for Brexit: 21st century socialism requires transnational organization