Will the Overseas Electors Bill, proposing to give Britons living abroad the right to vote in UK elections for life, make it beyond second reading? Sue Collard puts recent developments in their wider context and explains their potential implications. She argues that if government does indeed mean business, then the issue is far too important to those affected to […]
Get our articles in your inbox daily
- Britain’s wartime generation are almost as pro-EU as millennials
- What is the point of petitions in British politics?
- Brexit was not the voice of the working class nor of the uneducated – it was of the squeezed middle
- Why the ‘Life in the UK’ test alienates new citizens
- England is still educating different classes for different functions in society