Aditi

October 25th, 2012

What A Warm Welcome To The LSE!

Aditi

October 25th, 2012

What A Warm Welcome To The LSE!

Hello everyone. This is my first blog post and this is why I would like to start with my first day at LSE. In what I hope will be many more blog posts, I will try and write as much as possible about life here at the LSE as well as living in London and enjoying the multiple oppurtunities it has to offer in terms of socialising, theater, music, pubs, walks, tours and many more things catering to individual interests. Happy reading!

LSE for me was always my dream. When I came to London I was a mixed bundle of nerves, fear and excitement. I arrived a day before my registration, giving me just about enough time to settle in at Lilian Knowles House which was to be my home for the next one year. However, the settling in barely took any time with everything smoothly coordinated. In the evening after a short visit to the Common Room, I felt much more at ease and any nagging doubts which I had at the back of my mind about fitting in were quickly dispelled.

The next day, armed with clearly written instructions and after endless rounds of checking whether all my documents were in order, I joined the group of people who were walking to LSE from my residence. It was on the walk that I met another bunch of new faces. I must have met at least 30 different nationalities and it was then that I realised how wonderfully multicultural and diverse we are. The walk to LSE took us about 45 minutes as we were all very unfamiliar with the routes and traffic system.

When we reached LSE, everyone scattered as they had their own schedules for the day. I went up for my registration and I was amazed at the efficiency with which the whole process went. I was guided from one point to the other in a very friendly manner and before I realised it, I was a registered student of the LSE with my ID card in my hand. I’ll admit it, I felt a tinge of this inexplicable feeling of wistfulness or nostalgia, I don’t know but yes I was so proud of finally having made it to the LSE.

After registration, I was free for the day and so I decided to go around and attend the Orientation Fair on Houghton Street. The place was completely full with undergraduate and postgraduate students swarming in to have a look at the various societies and clubs. It was a very well organized day with information available at each and every step on the way. What I noticed and admired was the helpful and cheerful spirit of people. Their willingness to help accompanied with a smile was so heart-warming. It made my first day at LSE a memorable one with a wonderful insight of the lovely times ahead.

Aditi

MSc International Employment Relations and Human Resource Management.

Posted In: LSE