Cleo

February 8th, 2013

Work hard, play hard, sleep harder.

Cleo

February 8th, 2013

Work hard, play hard, sleep harder.

My housemate recently had her birthday and for her present I decided it would be a nice treat for us to both get a massage. Saturday afternoon we popped to Spa and Massage in Camden (which incidentally is great value for money) to have a half hour massage. Considering the amount of running and consequential knots that are scattered upon my body, I chose the Sports Massage and was prepared for perhaps a more painful than relaxing experience. However, once the half hour was through I could barely keep my eyes open. Ruby and I returned home and I went to my room for a ‘quick lie down’. It was 7pm, I woke up at 9.30am the next morning. With a cup of coffee in my hand and some determination in my mind, I like to think that I can work like a machine that keeps on going. On this occasion the massage had given my body the chance to reboot and to overcome my mind, that sleep was well needed. It is so important to remember that to be a healthy and successful student that you must look after yourself and that includes rest. We are not machines and although that Saturday night wasn’t exactly wild, it was definitely   enjoyable.

Cleo

BA Geography

Posted In: Off Campus