Sheena

The Scoop: Shoryu Ramen

Sheena

The Scoop: Shoryu Ramen

Ever since I studied abroad in Japan, I’ve been really picky about ramen. There are some places in Los Angeles that serve ramen close to their counterparts made in Japan, but there’s just something about eating ramen IN Japan that makes eating ramen anywhere else pale in comparison.

With that said, I was amazed to find that Shoryu serves absolutely amazing ramen. My ramen was definitely one of the best bowls I’ve had outside of Japan. I ordered the house special, Shoryu Ganso Tonkotsu, shown below:

Ramen
Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before digging in, so here is my bowl a few minutes after I started slurping my noodles.

What’s also cool about this place is that it has a 30 minute express line. Instead of sitting down and eating, you stand. It’s like take out, but ramen-style.

So if you’re craving ramen and want to get a delicious bowl, I highly suggest Shoryu. The address is 9 Regent St, London SW1 4LR and is a 30 second walk from Piccadilly Circus station. Check out the site for more info!

Sheena

MSc Global Politics

Posted In: Off Campus