Aditi

April 19th, 2013

Easter Break! Really?

Aditi

April 19th, 2013

Easter Break! Really?

When I think/hear of a break, for me it means a state of complete freedom. An utterly blissful state of mind where all I do is become a couch potato which in turn makes me a real potato; close my mind to anything and everything related to University and simply “Keep Calm”. When school closed for the Easter Break on March 22, I thought I had a nice long break stretched ahead of me where I would travel around, take in some sights and also soak up some sun (April is supposed to be summer right). Talk about utterly and absolutely wishful thinking. We are nearing the end of the break in a fortnight and here’s what I have to show for it:

• I did take a short break immediately after the holidays started so maybe one part of the above did get fulfilled.
  • Thinking of Essay 1 & 2 (I love to think that I am thinking when all I do is actually procrastinate).
  • Decided to start writing Essay 1 and finished it in more than a week.
  • Started on Essay 2 and have been struggling with it for almost a week now.
  • Trying to make a revision schedule.
  • Obsessing with my Dissertation even though it would be more sensible to start revising at the moment.
  • Studying in the Library. Yes! I never thought I would say this but the Library is absolutely amazing right now. There is no crowd of students threatening to engulf you and no possibility of computer battles at the moment. Infact there are multiple computers available at any time during the day.
  • My favourite pastime with my scanty free time has been experimenting in the kitchen and then subjecting my poor stomach to the end results.

This is a brief, boring summary of what I have been doing during the past few weeks: Books, library, tears, happiness, flowing through different emotions and then some more books, library and agony.

Oh and did I mention we are on Easter Break?

Aditi

MSc International Employment Relations and Human Resource Management.

Posted In: LSE | Off Campus