Jane Moteea

January 27th, 2014

A seemingly great year which unfolds…

1 comment

Jane Moteea

January 27th, 2014

A seemingly great year which unfolds…

1 comment

Arriving back in London after a long break was a moment I was looking forward to. Travelling away from the tropical heat, I felt welcomed by the cold breeze at Gatwick Airport. Though we were in winter, London did not show any sign of snow at the beginning of January. It had not snowed in central London for Christmas so I wonder how the white Christmas must have looked.

Setting foot again in LSE makes me feel wonderful. The part I most missed was the LSE Library with its cosy bean bags, offering rest from the tiring hours sitting on a chair in front of a computer or reading a book. Though it is only at the start of the Lent Term, the library is very busy every day. While I study, I can always hear the sounds of the entry machines beeping as students and staff go in and out.

This year, I had made up my mind to be more active in the LSE Community because I found it such a pity that I was only concentrating on my studies when I first came here. There are so many activities and societies from which a student can benefit from at LSE. I can even say that there is something for everyone’s tastes and if ever you have new ideas, just create your own society. I find it amazing to walk through Houghton Street and see stalls of different societies organising events and generating awareness about their causes. I think this makes Houghton Street so lively and so much the centre of LSE.

Staying in halls is another aspect of university life that I had a taste of this year. At first glance, it is all very awesome because it is easier to make friends and meet LSE people all around. The feeling of having a room to oneself is almost like having a house for myself because the room is spacious, giving an amazing view on London especially of the Shard of Glass. I have watched this building with dim lights in the morning to having bright lights at night. The view is breath taking and truly exquisite, making me feel so cosy within London. Besides, I really enjoy watching the orange sky during sunrise in the morning; it just kick starts my day properly.

The walk to LSE is part of my everyday journey; walking down Blackfriars Bridge, The Thames, with a view on the London Eye and the Millennium Bridge makes me wonder how much Wordsworth must have been amazed by the sight of London leading him to write “Sonnet Composed Upon Westminster Bridge”. The verses I used to read at High School suddenly transform in a living reality for me!

Although the load of work and the independent life, I find life pleasant and enjoyable. Living in the centre of London with some very good halls friends, we have often been around to the London Eye, The Big Ben, The London Bridge and plan to visit so many more places.

Take Care and Enjoy

Jane

Jane Moteea

Posted In: LSE