Ridhi Malik

January 16th, 2015

Trip to Brighton

Ridhi Malik

January 16th, 2015

Trip to Brighton

I didn’t want to be just working on my essays during the winter break. I wanted to discover more places, places that I have never seen before. So I decided to go to Brighton which is on the south coast of Great Britain for a day with two of my friends from LSE. I had heard so much about the beauty of Brighton that it was on top of my travel list for the break.

We had to board the coach at 8 a.m., which was really difficult for me as I am not a morning person! I was worried that I would miss the coach. But contrary to that, I woke up really early due to so much of excitement. It was only a two-hour journey which seems like 15 minutes when you are with your friends.

BrightonAs soon as we got off the coach, we could see the beautiful sea. I was tense earlier as two days ago I saw the weather forecast for Brighton and it was predicting heavy rain on our day of visit. But it was surprising to see the sun shining brightly (one of the rarest things you see in the United Kingdom!). We were like three vagabonds roaming on the streets on Brighton. Brighton is a very small town as compared to London but it surely provided us a calming experience. We went to the Royal Pavillion where there was an ice skating rink which looked amazing. The Brighton Museum had antiques of everyday use such as furniture and crockery. Everything was so lovely that we wished we owned it.

At the Brighton Pier, I had the best Belgian waffles and nutella & banana crepes. I have a sweet tooth, so if I go to Brighton again, I would surely not miss those. We spent hours and hours sitting on the beach admiring the beauty of the place. Eventually the sun set and everything was so lit up. The view that you get at that point of time is unmatchable. We didn’t feel like leaving as it was so mesmerizing. But every story comes to an end. With a heavy heart we had to leave.

Ridhi and friends in Brighton

Ridhi Malik

Student - MSc Gender, Development and Globalisation

Posted In: Travel